The REDARC BCDC1240D In-vehicle Battery Charger is a 12V 40A In-vehicle DC to DC battery charger. It is the latest variant of the award-winning BCDC Dual range and features REDARC’s Smart Start technology.
Featuring a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar regulator, the BCDC1240D will charge from both solar and the alternator simultaneously. With built-in 'Green Power Priority' it will select solar charging first, meaning less load on the alternator.
Suitable for 12 or 24-volt vehicle systems, the unit will also work with either standard or variable/smart alternators.
The BCDC1240D also comes with patented charging profiles, including a lithium charging profile perfect for pairing with a REDARC Lithium Battery. The 'Dual' input range will continue to charge all other types of batteries including AGM, GEL, standard lead acid and calcium.
Proven and Tested
The award-winning technology in the BCDC has been independently verified and tested to ensure battery life is maximised, charging your battery to a proven 100%.*
*large capacity battery banks may require a few cycles to fully charge.
Built in Australia and tested for our unique conditions, the DC to DC battery charger will work in the extreme heat of the Simpson Desert, up to 80°C and can handle deep water crossings at Cape York – water, dust and vibration are no match for this charger.
If you’re heading out into the bush and want to get there and back again safely – you can trust REDARC.
- Separate DC and solar charging inputs
- Maximises the performance and life of your auxiliary battery
- Simultaneous DC and solar charging with Green Power Priority
- Suits 12V/24V standard and variable voltage/smart alternators
- Suitable for AGM, GEL, standard lead acid, calcium and Lithium (LiFePO4) batteries
- Suitable for use on vehicles with conventional alternator charging systems